Friday, July 28, 2006

Popcorn Maker Inches Closer...

So I´m almost afraid to type this for fear of jinxing it, but I got a call this morning from someone who says that he has my stuff. On the island. Within a 13-mile radius of me, right this minute.

Of course he can´t deliver it today - are you mad! But he did say he´d phone on Monday to confirm when he would bring it over.

Now, presuming this is true, it does raise questions: ´will he break open the crates for me?´, ´will he even bring it upstairs?´. Obviously I still haven´t heard from the Stay Puft Brothers in Devon, so I think I´ll just sort it out direct.

Fingers and toes crossed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is brilliant news! Concern over your popcornless state was causing me grave anxiety... I do have to say when I was in a similar position, I got weirdly disproportionate pleasure from finally being able to choose from more than one drinking utensil, not to mention have my own pictures and things around me. Possibily this demonstrates my inclination to clutter rather than minimalism...alas,
Sara

Orlaith said...

You´re inclined towards variety, not clutter! Unpacked your orange fish ice cubes last night :)