Monday, July 23, 2007

Untimely research

Where is the time going? Over the last week, every time I went to leave the house to do researchy stuff, it started raining. (The times I left to do other things, the weather was fine. I have jogged fairly regularly, eaten well and drunk finely over the last few days.) This morning, I was determined. And having mapped out my day, I opened the door. The heavens opened.

My research is at the non-negotiable stage, so off I went into the downpour. I checked out a range of city spots from Medieval to Georgian times, huddling in doorways to scribble down notes. Conditions were not conducive for photos, so I didn't capture the grotty sign that declared:
DRIVE
DEAD
SLOW
I loved it though.

Anyhoo, I got some helpful stuff along the way, then met a friend for coffee & wine. He has just completed a book on Dublin, from Viking times to the present day. As if by magic...

No comments: