Monday, December 25, 2006

Oh Happy Day!

What a lovely day! I woke super-early, and was up sipping coffee-with-coffee-liqueur by the first family phone call. Later in the morning the folk in Dublin conglomerated, and we had an hour's session on webcam featuring the opening of the presents (their presents, as I had opened mine with coffee, accompanied by John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together). They opened some red wine; I sipped some cava; cherubic Jack looked... well, cherubic, and darling Molly kept hugging the laptop, which meant that we were disconnected a couple of times. Too cute!!

I'm wearing one of Mom's presents (no, not the table runners, although they are tempting in a kinda sparkly and sheer way - the jumper). I was right about the Columbo box set - the first four series! Steven Spielberg directed this morning's episode - fabulous! AND my nephew and niece got me the first 3 series of Murder, She Wrote. Er, that would mean I have over 200 hours of tv to watch.

What a trial :)

So the cava is finished, and I've had my afternoon nap. About to head into the Codebreakers for dinner. There had been an intention to do some writing, but I've decided to take the day off.

So far so great! Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good afternoon.

No comments: