Friday, August 10, 2007

Devon days

I'm back in my pre-Prawn Pathia spot, and it feels like a week since I've been here. The train passed a llama farm this morning - settled in otherwise archetypal devony landscape - which has added to my sense of surrealism.

Devon was wonderful (as usual, photos to follow). Exeter has changed considerably since last year: all the building work I left behind has been transformed into swanky new apartments and restaurants, and the city now has more Starbucks than they know what to do with. I caught up with friends on Wednesday night, which was a blast (I learned a new word: fruitarian - who knew!), then went to stay in a medieval cottage in a teeny village called Kentisbeare. Heavenly!

I spent much of Thursday morning in the garden following the neighbour's rogue chicken: she sneaks in, nonchalantly wanders around the lawn, then ducks into the border to lay an egg in a hidey spot each day (yep, there'll be photos).

Anyhoo, all the travelly things went smoothly - I'm looking forward to spending a few days here (although tomorrow I'm technically 'away', but not far). It's a stunning afternoon, and about time for a sunshiney beer I reckon!

Have a great weekend :)

No comments: