Tuesday, August 14, 2007

On the road again...

Bags are packed, yet again. This time my luggage is bigger - BA replaced my teeny case with one that's all grown up. One of the physical laws of the universe is that luggage contents will expand to barely fit inside any receptacle. I'm just sure of it.

Had a gorgeous final evening in London: we had planned on seeing Antony Gormley's Blind Light at the Hayward Gallery, but when we arrived it was sold out. All was not lost, since oodles of his figures are currently standing on the edges of buildings around the South Bank. As Sara said, once you get past the initial thought of 'mass suicide!', they are brilliant.

So we tootled around, browsed the book market, downed a bunch of mojitos, and went to Gaslight in the Old Vic, which was great. (Realised later that the leading lady was one of the Bond girls from Die Another Day - you know the ice-cold blonde who fenced a lot? Anyhoo...)

I can't believe I've been away for six weeks - it's just flown. Thanks to all my hosts - in three countries - for the fantastic times.

Time to go home now.

No comments: