Thursday, March 01, 2007

Words for every occasion

Aaah the Hallmark™ Journeys range. For every situation in modern life. Is someone you know getting out of rehab? Feel you should send a card? Then this is the range for you. It covers eating disorders, hair loss from chemo, going through IVF, and my favourite - getting fired:

I'm sorry you lost your job, but please remember that your job is not who you are. You have many great qualities, and that's what really matters.

So until someone appreciates your unique abilities, I hope you'll take pride in all you've accomplished and realize how much you have yet to give.

I don't question that there's a need for people to demonstrate support in these circumstances; I just wonder what people write on the card that already says it all, often in rhyme.

I think it's such a cop-out when someone signs only their name, with no actual personal message. If they left the card blank altogether at least it could be reused...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ihave to say I checked out the Journeys range... I cried. Especially the post partum depression one :)
Love t

Orlaith said...

You are a marketing person's dream!! But do the people who buy these cards actually discuss the issues at all, or do they just post the card and then converse as though everything's normal...