Saturday, June 30, 2007

Looking at things with fresh eyes

You know when you wake up the day after something huge has happened, and the memory comes to back you afresh, and it's great all over again? That was this morning.

So I wander out towards the coffee pot, and stop in my tracks.

The apartment is a total kip. I mean, it's a disgrace.

It's almost like the occupant has just been tunnelling little corridors-of-clean between the most used spots: from the printer to the laptop on the sofa, from the sofa to the counter in the kitchen where wine resides...

Obviously I can't prove anything, but it looks like it's been going on for weeks.

4 comments:

Sean said...

Quick - DELETE this post before your mother sees it!!!! Hurry now!

Orlaith said...

Ha ha!! Too late I'm afraid. I was skyping with her and panned the webcam around so she could witness. I'm surprised her head didn't implode.

I'd say she didn't get a wink of sleep last night.

Anonymous said...

She's actually on her way over there as we speak.

Orlaith said...

Aaah - a land offering sunshine, cheap coffee & ciggies, and things to clean and iron - it's a veritable Mother Funderland!